Future Self

        To my future self. Hey it's me, you're only 20 years older now. As I write this to you I want to express how hard you worked in college. Covid-19 was a big struggle which took away senior prom, last year face to face with highschool friends and teachers, and changed my college experience. Starting off at University of Rhode Island and then transferring to University of Tampa was a tough choice. But I know we made the right one. I would have never made the friendships I created and the professors who guided me to the career path I want to take. 

So are working in a Public Relations Crisis firm? If not, I know we're probably doing something that makes us happy and constantly busy. Even if the task required multiple hours it did not matter if we were constantly having a task to complete. 

What I learned from college is that change is okay and to follow what you love to do. In all, its never too late, you're never too old. Even though your probably successful in whatever career path you are in, I know you always make time for family. You were always the first one to mention visiting grammy and papa or nana and grandpa. You have so much love not just for your family but for the world. After aunt jen passed your first instinct was to step in for whatever was needed regardless if it meant putting other responsibilities to the side. 

I want you to know it is so important to follow your heart, trust your gut instinct, and act on what you think is right regardless of others. You always were confident in your decisions and I hope you are now. Never second guess yourself cause you always find a way to make everyone happy. 

So you are probably wondering where I am now writing this to you, that you will read in the future years. I am in the one bedroom apartment in Tampa where I adopted a cat, Milo. One of my close friends Rachel lives a few stories up from me. I always have a scented candle lit, cook different recipes every night, and facetime mom and dad at least twice a day. I am not a big morning person, more of a night owl. We just spent our last thanksgiving with Aunt Jen and in memory of her I hope I got another song signed from a label in memory of her. 

I know you probably accomplished everything we dreamed of since that's just who we are. We stress if something is late, not complete, or a goal is not succeeded even if it takes extra time. Stay your true 20 year old self.


From your little self, 


Caroline Mary Demcsik 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos

Business Cards